Wednesday, March 30, 2016

it me, thirstybitch420

I cry at least three times a day. We're lucky we didn't have smart phones. Could have, but we didn't. Hey, you're my sad friend. I hope it's okay that you've been friend zoned. It would be weird if I still wanted you romantically. It's not even that anymore. It's nothing. It's emptiness. It's a paper cup with the bottom falling out. My wine's about to get on everything. Stain my jacket on a crowded dance floor in a soulless chocolate factory. I am older. I am broken. I am a giant vessel of tears. For the last four hours I've been saying I'm going to take a walk before the sun sets. My pedometer has been clipped to my waist since this morning. The room has grown dark. I wish I loved myself more so I didn't need to fall apart on others. We had a good amount of eye time together. We had that. We never sat next to each other staring at our phones, a million miles apart.

I know it's easy to romanticize the past. This is not lost on me.