Sunday, January 22, 2012

Intervals and the basement kitchen

I'm sitting in the basement kitchen. It's cold and there is snow on the ground outside.
I'm eating a pasta salad and waiting for my water to boil.
14 hours later.
I'm sitting in the basement kitchen. It's cold and there is less snow on the ground outside.
I'm roasting beets on the stove top.
20 minutes later.
I'm sitting in the basement kitchen. Drinking a cold beer.
I'm waiting to turn the beets.
35 minutes later.
I'm sitting in the basement kitchen. I'm waiting to turn the beets again.
The cold beer in my mug is gone.
I cup my eyes with my left hand and release an audible sigh.
68 minutes later.
I'm sitting in the basement kitchen. I just ate some roasted beets with caramelized onions and feta.
I am drinking a cold beer.
48 hours later.
I'm sitting in the basement kitchen. I'm waiting for the lentils to boil.

The sound of a basketball is heard in the distance.