Monday, November 15, 2010

Stockholm Airport, For Jackie and you...

I love people who send me correspondence in poetic form. This is because then I can write them back with a poem. Poems are definitely one of my favoritest things. You know that. Oh, this how I share things with you now, publicly. This is how I make transmission...there is always the mild frustration that I can't see you, but alas, to the poem. I wrote it in a Stockholm Airport. My plane was delayed 2 hours. I love people who send me notes in the forms of poems. You used to do that. I'm so grateful that our friends still do.

Oh, Eleni is fine,
but she's been better
ah, it will take time
to change this weather

That's what her friends say
and they are so smart
especially Jackie
whose got a big heart

Oh, Eleni is fine,
as Stockholm is little.
She waits to fine dine
on Berliner schnitzel

But the plane is delayed,
and so she's got time
to let the hours fade
and write this odd rhyme.

Oh, how is Jackie, I send her big kisses!
How much I do miss that lovely, sweet Mrs!




Schnitzel face collage found online.